2018 is off to a great start for LDC employees! The company is excited to announce for the 14th year in a row, it has provided an employer 401(K) match! Participants who contributed a minimum of 2% of their earnings to their 401(K) in any given pay period, received a 5% match of their annual contributions.
LDC’s generous 401(K) plan is just one of the amazing benefits and perks employees can enjoy while working at one of our many entities.
Participation in LDC’s 401(K) plan is an easy way to save for retirement. Start small, if necessary, even small amounts of money toward a 401(K) can make a big difference over time. Contributing to a 401(K) is one of the smartest decisions you can make, here’s why:
Advantages of participating in a 401(K) program:
- Easy and convenient payroll deductions.
- Depending on any particular year, the LDC 401(K) plan can provide a discretionary match based on the company’s financial performance.
- Contributions are tax deferred.
- When an employee puts a portion of their paycheck earnings into a 401(K) the amount the employee pays in taxes is reduced.
- You can make changes when you want to increase (or decrease) your contributions.
- We’re living longer so we need more money to live comfortably when we retire or can no longer work.
It’s never too late to start contributing, change your contribution amount or discuss your retirement with a Financial Advisor. LDC encourages employees to participate in the generous 401(K) Program; contact Human Resources for more information eligibility requirements and for instructions on how to sign up.